Monday, March 31, 2014

Xaxi

Xaxi (translated as "learning", I think) is a first person exploration simulator designed to teach the fictional language Traumae. It is also an experiment on if the 'memory palace' technique can be translated to a virtual 3D environment. The environment features no interaction that I can find, and control is limited to wandering around and a jump button that appears to be useless.

My opinion: I have no idea if Xaxi is an effective teaching aid for Traumae or not. Without knowing it's intended purpose it's just confusing and even after learning what on earth it was designed for I've had immense trouble actually finding out anything about Traumae itself. Assuming you're interested in learning Traumae and can find some resources about it this game could be very interesting.

Xaxi is by Orihaus. You can get it here. Traumae was created by Devine Lu Linvega (I think). You can find out more about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment